Re: Squeeze: How to hide certain partitions in Nautilus

On 02/07/11 03:29, Hoang Le wrote:
>> There can be another possibility. How does you "/etc/fstab" file look
>> like? If you manually add this two volumes at "/etc/fstab" they will
>> be considered as static mount points and there you can choose "noauto"
>> to avoid automatic mounting at boot (I hope GNOME honors this setting).
>> Greetings,
>> --
>> Camaleón
> Dear Camaleón,
> Another guy (Scott) suggested that solution but I didn't work. Maybe
> Gnome in Squeeze is organized a little bit different than original
> Gnome
> Best regards,
> Hoang

Hi Hoang Le,
            sorry to hear my suggestion did not work.

As I don't run Gnome, you're best sticking with Camaleón if possible -
she does run Gnome and won't be working from theory, whereas I am.

If all attempts to hide those drives using fstab entries fail - re-post
 cc-ing me (busy time of year and I don't read the whole list) and I'll
try and walk you through the proposed udev solution.

“How come people always flip and think they're Jesus?
Why not Buddha?
Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus.
'Ah'm BUDDHA!'
'You're Bubba!'
'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' ”
~ Bill Hicks