Re: Squeeze: How to hide certain partitions in Nautilus

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:59:06 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:29:58 +0700, Hoang Le wrote:
>
>>> There can be another possibility. How does you "/etc/fstab" file look
>>> like? If you manually add this two volumes at "/etc/fstab" they will
>>> be considered as static mount points and there you can choose "noauto"
>>> to avoid automatic mounting at boot (I hope GNOME honors this
>>> setting).
>>>

>> Another guy (Scott) suggested that solution but I didn't work.
>
> What exactly did not work? The "noauto" option? Maybe it has some
> conflict with GNOME or even is now deprecated... that is what I feared
> :-/
>
> Mmmm, look:
>
> gnome-volume-manager: Filesystems with the 'noauto' option are mounted
> anyway
>
> So what to blame now? GVFS? :-?

Okay, I have tested this and seems to be working.

I have used a plain USB flash key (fat32 formatted), edited "/etc/fstab"
and added:

***
UUID=12345-6789	/mnt	auto	defaults,noauto	0	0
***

And after reboot, neither nautilus nor "mount" command showed up the
volume as mounted nor even as present.

Once I run "mount -U 12345-6789" the USB key is available under /mnt, as
instructed, but still not present under nautilus.

Hoang, maybe you can review this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón