Re: Copying a bootable CD

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Steven Rosenberg
<stevenhrosenberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Martin McCormick <martin@x.it.okstate.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> William Hopkins writes:
>> > $ dd if=/dev/cdrom of=filename.iso bs=2048 conv=notrunc
>> >
>> > then burn the ISO using your tool of choice (wodim, etc.)
>>
>>        This worked perfectly. Thank you.
>>
>>        Interestingly, I tried the dd command with the
>> parameters above and without and got the same bytes in the image
>> both times. The CDR works flawlessly.
>>

> I did this just the other day using Brasero. Worked perfectly.

"brasero" also works quite well as a friendly GUI for this sort of
thing, along with lots of others. I like it for handing to "newbs" who
need to burn data CD's, along with teaching them about CDBurnerXP so
they can use their Windows box to burn their first Linux CD's for
installation.