Re: Hibernate fails

On 01/07/11 14:21, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 02:21:30PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Hmm - could be that hibernate is not working because of a broken bios.
>> If it's an ACPI issue (hibernation failure) it should be possible to
>> work around it by either using the hibernate package or tweaking the
>> pm-utils settings (but I digress).
>
> Windows can hibernate the box just fine. It is therefore possible.

Mmmmfph! - I don't deny possible....
:-)
What do standards (like ACPI) and Microsoft have to do with each other??

If ACPI is broken you'll see messages in dmesg.

>> If you want to start trying pm-test start by confirming that your kernel
>> is compiled with pm_debug support:-
>> $ cat /boot/config-`uname -r` | grep -i config_pm_debug
>
> CONFIG_PM_DEBUG=y

Cheers - now I know we can debug, once we resolve the call for the
location of the wpa_supplicant control interface problem. May be that is
the only problem. (I've done a bit more reading on that fail line in the
suspend log - it comes from hibernate calling wpa_supplicant)
ie. hibernate asks "what is state of wifi up"? doesn't get answer in
expected place, or doesn't know expected place. Once it has an answer it
"should", note to resume state after hibernation, proceed to hibernate

>> What does lspci identify as your wireless?
>
> Network controller: Atheros Communications INC. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
>>
>> *do you have a /var/run/wpa_supplicant??*
>
> No.

Thanks for that
Do you have a /var/log/wpa_action.log??
If so please post

Refs:-
/usr/share/doc/wpa_supplicant/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/wpa_supplicant/README.modes
man wpa_supplicant.conf
http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/ctrl_iface_page.html

Cheers

--
“I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here.
'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.'