Re: moving to testing

30/06/2011 21:10, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I'd like to see a few example sources.list when running testing.
> Especially ones that show the hosts for accessing a bigger selection
> of packages.

Hi, by "bigger selection of packages" do you mean Debian or external ones ?
When using testing I also use Sid, mainly because there is no security
support for testing (it's on a "best effort" basis), so patched versions
hit Sid before testing. Subscribe to Debian security announce and cherry
pick the patched versions in Sid.
If you are adventurous and want to test the latest version it's possible
to add experimental to the mix. By doing so, and using pinning (Usually
testing is 990, experimental is 101 and everything else is 500 here) and
aptitude ("aptitude -t unstable" to pick a packages set that requires
several dependencies from unstable, for example) I didn't encounter to
many troubles since Etch was Testing, but I had a few memorable
transitions to negotiate manually.
If you want semi-official packages or external ones there is an endless
list available, like Debian Mozilla team repo, WineHQ,
debian-multimedia, Oracle VirtualBox, SoGo (groupware), Opera, Google
(Talk plugin, Picasa ...), tuxfamily.org (EKD), and many more. Be
careful what key (if any) you choose to trust.
This is just my experience.

Have fun.