Re: mdadm and UUIDs for its component drives

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:

> I must say that I'm a little beffuddled about how you managed to make
> the system sensitive to which device contains which MD component -- I
> seem to remember you mentioning that you had devices listed in your
> mdadm.conf -- just get rid of them.

I think that you may have resolved the OP's problem. I couldn't
understand why the newly-plugged-in USB disk might be considered a
member of the array. Having, for example,
"devices=/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1" on the "ARRAY" line would probably do
it! Now the question is whether this is the OP's setup.