Re: My CD and DVD are messed up

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:51:29 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:01:04 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>>> Yes, I correct them in "/etc/fstab", but the problem at the device
>>> level still exist, which confuses most of the media software that
>>> accessing directly through device level, not at mount point, eg,
>>> rippers.
>>
>> Mmm... if "/dev/cdrom" is poiting to the device of your choice, I can't
>> see the problem :-?
>>
>> Can you give a practical example of what you want to get or what is the
>> real problem you see with the actual behaviour?
>
> On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually
> /dev/ cdrom1.

That does not match with a "correct" fstab file.

Your primary device (dvd?) should point to "/dev/cdrom0" and
secondary (cd-rom?) to "/dev/cdrom1".

> So I put my *CD* in my *CD drive* an launch asunder the
> ripper to rip it, but nothing happens in asunder. The ripperx will at
> least tell me that no media is found in drive.
>
> Clearer this time?

Yes... well, errr, no.

cat /etc/fstab
dmesg | grep -i -e "cd-rom" -e dvd
ls -l /dev/scd*

I hope this will make things more clear.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón