Re: My CD and DVD are messed up

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:49:24 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually
>> /dev/ cdrom1. This confuse most of the media software. How can I fix
>> it?
>
> Do you have a fixed entry for both devices in "/etc/fstab"?
>
> If yes, you could adjust it accordingly to meet your requirements.

Yes, I correct them in "/etc/fstab", but the problem at the device level
still exist, which confuses most of the media software that accessing
directly through device level, not at mount point, eg, rippers.

> If no, you could try with udev rules.

I guess so. but every time I study udev rules, I gave up in convolution.
Any easy fixes?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)