Re: VM client can't access CUPS printer

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:13:18 +0000, I wrote:

> I have a Wheezy host with a USB printer and a virtualbox XP client.  The
> VM (client) is unable to access the CUPS printer.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:51:40 +0000, Camaleón replied:

> Also, how does you "/etc/cups/cupsd.conf" look like?

That was the right question.  In adding cupsd.conf to my planned reply, I
noticed that I had made a stupid mistake.  cupsd.conf has the line
"Listen hostname:631", where I insert the correct hostname.  I blew it and
left in the name of the host from which I copied the line.

Now the client VM can get to the CUPS system and the printer.  Oddly, though,
for this to work I have to restart /etc/init.d/cups if I have just rebooted
the host, even though CUPS is started late in the boot.  I think I had the
same problem when I first set up my similar system at home, but then the
problem just went away on its own.

I'm still not in business.  The Phaser is accessed and prints, but it prints
out a PostScript error.  I'll have to investigate the driver some more.

Thanks.