Re: Debian safe-upgrade to 6.0.2 - don't run within X session

Scott Ferguson:

> I've never had a desktop (KDE) session crash from an upgrade,
> dist-upgrades are different.

No, dist-upgrades aren't different.

The only difference between aptitude's "safe-upgrade" and "full-upgrade"
is that they use different algorithms for dependency resolution. The
upgrade process itself (unpacking, pre-/post-install scripts etc.) is
exactly the same in both cases.  The same holds true for apt-get's
"upgrade" and "dist-upgrade".

J.
--
If I could travel through time I would go back to yesterday and
apologise.