Fwd: clamav 0.97.1 not coming to squeeze-updates ?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Eric Viseur <eric.viseur@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list,

In my understanding, the stable-updates repo was esthablished in order to replace the volatile repo.  Thus, updated clamav should be pushed in it, but I note it's only available in the testing branch.
Did I misunderstood the role of the stable-updates repo, or is clam 0.97.1 just coming in late ?  I have a server complaining about clam not being up to date every night, so it's getting a little annoying, and I'd like to avoid apt-pinning if possible.

I agree this is precisely the sort of thing the volatile/squeeze-updates
was designed for.  Unfortunately we sometimes see the warning from
clamav in the logs for a month or more before the package is updated.

Our fall back would be to reinstall from base repos if the updates version
caused issues.  With clamav, it is important to detect current viruses
so I'd think this is one we error on the side of being more fresh
to fulfill its usefulness.  I'd rather have an update which occasionally
had issues than have a daemon which is solid as a rock but is
old and doesn't detect current malware.