Re: Accented chars in filenames issue

2011/6/24 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:05:17 +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

> I am experiencing serious problems with my external HD, I can't
> create/write filenames containing accented chars, especially when
> copying music from my amarok collection (as you can guess a lor of
> brazilian, french and italian music has plenty of accented chars in
> filenames).

(...)

For this kind of weird issues, what it usually helps is mounting the
device manually (with "mount" command) and trying to write a file in
there, also, from command line. Hopefully the error you get can shed some
light on the problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

the device is being mounted correctly so no error is reported, but I still can't create/write filenames with accented chars.

-r