Re: posting

Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
On Jun 22, 2011, at 7:01 AM, lee wrote:

Hm, I wonder why anyone is going to the lengths of replying to digest
messages rather than just subscribing to the list ...

So they don't need to get hundreds of separate messages?! Most people don't treat a digest as separate from a list, just an alternate subscription format.
It's incumbent on those who own the technology to evolve digests so it's easier to reply to individual posts, not on readers to jump through hoops to reply.

The answer to this problem, replying to digests, is to go to the web source [1] and do a reply from there. I expect it will keep the threading working properly.

Can somebody send me a full digest message, so I can see what is tacked onto the end of the message? Send as an attachment please so that I can see headers as well.

The link below is one from the individual emails that I receive and the one I am replying to.

[1] Archive: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/06/msg01787.html

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM