Re: Screensaver/power management that is able to recognise videos

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:07 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 24 iun 11, 09:26:17, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I noticed that issue when watching YouTube, but for YouTube it isn't
> > important for me. It will become important as soon as I need to sync
> > video and audio for productions, e.g. by jack transport and then I'm not
> > able to use Kaffeine and VLC, since they don't support jack transport.
>
> As far as I know mplayer supports jack and disabling the screensaver.
> Not sure if this works via the various front-ends (the most notable one
> being smplayer), but I understand you are familiar with the
> command-line.

Yes I'm, thank you. It might be that Mplayer supports jack audio, but
perhaps not jack transport. I'll check this.

> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. Good compromise with requesting CCs :)

Ok, so my mails aren't formatted completely odd anymore? Perhaps I
should add a short, objective, non-polemic signature, regarding to
carbon copies. I was a little bit polemic, sorry ;). There still is the
issue, regarding to replies, when other people need help and I should be
able to help them. I didn't try to answer by the 'archive', dunno if
there's an option to reply, I'll take a look.