Re: is there a tarsnap pkg avaialble for debian

On 23/06/11 16:49, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 01:09 AM, Harry Putnam wrote: [snip]
> http://www.tarsnap.com/
>
> [quote]$5 for an initial deposit[/quote]
>
> That *might* not break the DFSG, but I doubt whether any DD would
> want to package it.

Hence the checkinstall suggestion...

> http://www.tarsnap.com/infrastructure.html
>
> [quote]Data archived via Tarsnap is stored to the Amazon S3 storage
> service[/quote]

[quote]Online backups for the truly paranoid[/quote]

The "sensible" don't trust Amazon

The "paranoid" don't trust teh intertubes

> Secure your own data.  External enclosures and hard drives are
> *cheap*.

:-)

And there's a company that allows free online storage of files, where
you can use the encryption of your choice, provided the backups are
broken into 25MB chunks - with a total limit of 7GB per free account.
No upper limit on the number of free "storage" accounts either.

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and