Wicd sees router but won't connect

I'm trying to set up wireless on a Thinkpad T41. I'm using the ath5K
module and this brings up wlan0 as expected. I fiddled all day with
/etc/network/interfaces with no luck. I then tried wicd and this does
show my router, but it won't connect. Are there any tweaks that may make
it connect?

The router does not have encryption but broadcast of its essid is
disabled. This does not prevent wicd from seeing it.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk