Re: imapsync

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:46:29 +0200, Javier Barroso wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> [1] http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync_list/msg00732.html
>>
>> Yes, I've alredy read it, and...? I still don't get his point. What's
>> the gain in limiting its distribution? You can still charge the users
>> for it.
>
> If you buy it you can do what do you want (WTFPL license) with it, so
> you can distribute if you want. But I imagine buying software to
> distribute it is not the Debian Philosophy, so they/we don't that

But what's the gain of that requirement?

You download from whatever place (packaged from distributions or direct
download from developers website) and then you pay for it (payment
required, not optional) as many other FLOSS software do but limiting its
distribution is IMO, senseless (because as you said, only one guy can pay
for it and then freely redistribute anywhere...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón