Re: imapsync

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:01:05 -0700, dlists wrote:
>
>>> Would you know the reasons why "imapsync" has been in Lenny but no more
>>> in "squeeze" nor "sid"?
>>
>> Hey Mihamina,
>>
>>       Have a look at
>>       http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=609845#65 - it
> seems
>>       the author wanted it removed because he started to charge for the
>>       script
>
> Ugh, how bad.
>
> I can understand that the package is provided with a monetary cost (but
> still open source). What I fail to see is why the author does not want it
> to be distributed by anyone :-?

Quote from Guillem maillist [1]
"
The donate button didn't work very well so I experiment another way
to be paid for my work on free, open softwares.
It looks like very few people understand what free and open really
means: free like free speech but not necessarily free beer.
"

I used this script for migrate hundreds of mailbox and my old company
didn't talk about to donate a cent .. , so I understand why he made
the change ...

Regards,

[1] http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync_list/msg00732.html