Debian Squeeze netinstall doesn't recognize wired connection

Hi all,

I'm going to give Debian Squeeze a try on my netbook, but when I boot
up using the netinstall CD, the installer fails to auto configure the
wired connection with DHCP. I'm thinking the network card in this
netbook (Toshiba NB505) is too new for the kernel 2.6.32.

Is there a special kernel module I could load on startup in order to
get the wired connection to work for the install? After the install, I
plan to use a kernel module to get the wireless working found on this
wiki page: http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#Squeeze

Any idea what I should do to get the network card to operate with the
wired connection for the install?

Thanks,
John Mollman