Re: Almost everyday a new issue: this time Amarok

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 07:01:07PM +0100, AG wrote:
> On 19/06/11 17:41, lee wrote:
> >AG<computing.account@googlemail.com>  writes:
> >
> >>Hey list
> >>
> >>Today a new issue reared its ugly head.  I installed, using
> >>safe-update from the Update Manager in GNOME, on a wheezy
> >>installation, Amarok .
> >>
> >>When I go to run Amarok, it crashes.  This is the output:
> >>[...]
> >>this ... any ideas?
> >How about purging amarok, removing all configuration files that may be
> >left in your home directory and install it with aptitude?
> >

> Hi Lee
>
> Did that and the Amrok app still crashes.

1.) testing = TESTING

If the only problem in testing right now is applications, that is a
good thing. During the squeeze testing cycle I was without adequate video
for 6 months and would have been for most of the cycle had I not held on to
old drivers for a year. And I had sound issues the lasted half of the cycle
too.

2.) Amarok 2 is under heavy development right now.

The version number may look high enough but the code is a complete rewrite.

3.) Amarok is from KDE, Banshee is the official Gnome music suite.

For Amarok, make sure all the KDE dependencies are installed.

4.) There are a lot of lib dependency upgrades between 2.3.1 and 2.4.1,
looks like most in fact.

themselves will respond to your queries directly, given time.

6.) I solved my problems trying to keep the latest version of Amarok by
installing from squeeze-backports. This might still work for wheezy and
there is a chance it will resolve the issue if it is dependency related.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody