Re: Not authorized to mount flash drive with normal account

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 1:30 AM, John Mollman <jw.mollman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still unable to mount my flash drive on Debian wheezy with a
> normal user account. I have tried adding myself to the 'plugdev' group
> with the command 'usermod -a -G plugdev john' but that doesn't seem to
> work. I am, however, able to mount and browse the flash drive as root
> using Thunar.

I had the same problem and (with the help of this list) found it was a
bug in consolekit.  Downgrade to consolekit 0.4.1-4, reboot, and the
problem should go away.  I just recently tried upgrading, recreated
the problem, downgraded, and now all is well again.  I'm now holding
consolekit at that version.  The bug is #597937, and it does not
appear that it's ever going to be fixed!

Patrick