Re: Features Missing in Debian's Package Management System

On 16/06/11 03:32, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Additional to this, my suggestion:

<snipped>
> 2. An option, to see, which files will be installed BEFORE the first
> installation or at renewing (although, I think, apt-file might be able to
> handle this somehow, not sure)

What's wrong with:-
# apt-get -s install/upgrade/dist-upgrade/remove | more

??

> 3. And last but not least: An option, to blacklisting broken packages! (very
> important)

If you have a working package that the system wants to update with a
borked one what about:-

# echo borked_package hold|dpkg --set-selections

??

<snipped>

> Thanks for your patience!
>
> Hans

Cheers

--
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
 ~ Bill Hicks