Re: gnome-applet top bottom left right setting

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:53:20 +0100, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

> Where can I find the gnome-applet configuration setting that defines the
> position (top, left, right, bottom) ?

Position of what, exactly? You mean the panel? :-?

> I need to change it back to the default setting (bottom, I guess)...
> changed it to right but the result is not so good and I can't find a way
> to put it back the way it was before (this is a scenario where I call
> gnome-applet from a command line on an "ssx -X ...." connection).

There are some keys that can be tweaked to set this in gconf:

/apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0/orientation

If your running from console, maybe you can use "gconftool-2 --set [...]"
to get the job done and then restart the panel (killall gnome-panel) or
relogin to apply the changes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón