Unable to mount flash drive / not authorized

Hello all,

I recently did a fresh install of Debian wheezy on a Toshiba NB505.
When I plug in my flash drive, Thunar sees it, but doesn't mount it.
When I try to click on it, I get the error "Failed to mount 1.0GB file
system. Not authorized."

I've tried numerous methods and none seem to work for me. I discovered
I can mount the flash drive and browse it as root, but am unable using
my regular user account. This has to be a group issue and I'm unsure
which group I should add myself to.

Thanks,
John