Re: psi instead of Skype

On 2011-06-13 11:19, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Afaik the audio codec skype uses is open now, but I too doubt that this
> goes for the whole protocol. I doubt the situation will get better with
> skype in the hands of ms.

Ok, I didn't express myself clear enough, sorry for that.

Forget Skype. I would like to know if any of you has successfully used
psi only for talking. Jabber only.

I've been using psi for years to do cross-chat with icq, msn etc., works
fine. Talking works to under certain conditions, but it seems that some
cross NAT barriers await me on the run. Here I would appreciate your
insights.

ändu