Re: news/mail client and the text borders
- To: debian-user <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: news/mail client and the text borders
- From: Philipp Überbacher <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:27:57 +0200
- Message-id: <1307957172-sup-7219@eris>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Excerpts from Davide Baldini's message of 2011-06-13 04:28:18 +0200:
> What software do you use for mail/news?
> I see all your messages are proudly well formatted and perfectly fit in
> pages of 80 columns, while I have to push return each line. If i forget,
> lines gets splitted in my window but then when i send it out i
> see the big mistake...
> is there any margins setting? I use icedove (thunderbird 3.0.11)
I use a CLI mailer (sup) and vim for text editing, so in my case it's
vim that does the line wrapping. If memory serves vim is told that what
it edits is a mail and behaves accordingly, but there certainly are
manual settings for this stuff too.