Re: news/mail client and the text borders

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 04:28 +0200, Davide Baldini wrote:
> What software do you use for mail/news?
> I see all your messages are proudly well formatted and perfectly fit in
> pages of 80 columns, while I have to push return each line. If i forget,
> lines gets splitted in my window but then when i send it out i
> see the big mistake...
>
> is there any margins setting? I use icedove (thunderbird 3.0.11)

You mean 72 characters/line? This doesn't work all the time, when
replying or coping something it can happen that I get never ending
lines. Usually people wish to get an auto-break after character 72.

I'm using Evolution, but to be honest, Mozillas are better Mailers, but
no native Linux mailers, anyway, also those mailers know the never
ending line issue.

I used several mailers, an eccentric extreme might be Wanderlust for
Emacs, for this mailer there never is a line issue, but well, I'm sure
you won't use Wanderlust.

Btw. take a look at the emails headers by viewing the source, usually
there is an entry for the mailer.

I suspect you get something similar to this

dummytextdummytextdumm
ytext
dummytextdummytextdumm
ytext

Right?

Perhaps you need to edit the preferences from 80 to 72 characters.

Hth,

Ralf