Re: After the Libc6 Fiasco

David Baron:

> Luckily, using the live-CD, I was able to download and re-install the
> "testing" packages for libc6 and friends and finally get my system working
> again.

What problem are you referring to? The breakage from the missing
symlinks on amd64? That issue has been fixed some weeks ago.

> OK:
> 1. Unstable can sometimes get broken. I accept that.
> 2. However, libc6 stuff is so critical that any upgrade posted must be
> installable and operational. Some folks might not recover.

Then they shouldn't run unstable. :)

> Since the current packages only partially installed last attempt, I am afraid
> to upgrade any of this now. What is the status in reality?

Works for me (on amd64). What's your specific problem? Which version are
you on, which do you try to install and how does it fail?

J.
--
I am getting worse rather than better.
[Agree]   [Disagree]