After the Libc6 Fiasco

Luckily, using the live-CD, I was able to download and re-install the "testing" packages for libc6 and friends and finally get my system working again.

OK:

1. Unstable can sometimes get broken. I accept that.

2. However, libc6 stuff is so critical that any upgrade posted must be installable and operational. Some folks might not recover.

OK, now much of the x-windows related packages are dependent on the latest libc6 stuff on Sid. As I found out, mixing this stuff will crash X.

Since the current packages only partially installed last attempt, I am afraid to upgrade any of this now. What is the status in reality?