[SOLVED] Re: gdmsetup can't unlock problem: any workaround?

Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:26:04 +0200, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
I seem to be facing a bug where gdmsetup can't be unlocked:

Does anyone know of a workaround to turn on/off automatic login without
gdmsetup? I'm often switching, leaving auto-login at home and turning it
off when at work, travel etc.
Hum... I already had setup autologin in wheezy so didn't noticed. This is
what I have in my "/etc/gdm3/daemon.conf" file:

[daemon]
# AutomaticLoginEnable = false
# AutomaticLogin =

TimedLoginEnable=false
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=test
AutomaticLogin=test
TimedLoginDelay=30

Thanks that worked. Of course the "TimedLogin" and "AutomaticLogin" have to be set to the username (in your example "test").

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Greetings,