Re: Subscription

On 12/06/11 09:10, Lisi wrote:
> On Saturday 11 June 2011 17:54:35 Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> *cough* some of us do design websites the blind and visually handicapped
>> in mind....it's just not noticed by those with normal vision. (sigh) ;-p
>
> Many don't bother.  And just for the record I myself am partially sighted (our
> awful euphemism!).  If someone can't be bothered to make the site visible, I
> can't be bothered to try and read it.
>
> As you rightly say, it is a shame to throw all those potential customers out
> with the rubbish.
> But I have got better things to do with my life than try
> desperately to make out what that mid-grey writing on a pale grey background
> is actually saying, or what that "pretty" graphic is successfully masking.

Email the management. Just to let them know that you won't be buying
their product because you *can't* view the site, and that you'll be
emailing their shareholder to tell them you emailed the management - who
don't give a stuff, so now you're going to lobby everyone you know to
not buy their stuff - because you don't like being insulted or
marginalised, and you think your money is just as good as anyone else's.
And let 'em know you'll be spending up big with their opposition...
You can also point them at Debian.org as an example of how to do it right.

If that doesn't work. Rent a wheelchair get some friends with big
cameras, buy a $1 share and shutdown their agm. It's easy if you've got
the time and know their pain points. ;-p

> Those like you who try to make things accessible are much appreciated - anyhow
> by me!
>
> Lisi

Cheers - I think of you the next time I need a biased opinion of site
accessibility.

--
The world is like a ride in an amusement park.
And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how