Re: broadcom

Chris Brennan wrote:
* steef <debian.linux@home.nl> [2011-06-11 15:32:00 +0200]:

hi list,

bought my self a hp mini-netbook, included windoze7 and a very strong accu, 10 hours of life.

What's 'accu'?

Steef means 'battery'

i put sid on an usb-stick, included fluxbox and wicd(-curses).

wifi = (lspci) brcm4313. (type 5.60.350.6)

Can you paste the whole line from lspci?

'lspci | grep 4313' should do (without the quotes)

loaded/installed the according the debian broadcom- (broadcom 43xx wireless drivers) -wiki convenient driver_firmware. the driver should be included in the sid_kernel, so i understood. however: this wifi_driver does not work.

See below link.

my questions: what did i do wrong if anything (1) ?

My question, what *did* you do? Can you be a little more specific about the
process you did follow?

and

broadcom assued a so-called xxx-STA driver (by google) somebody with some experience with this brcm4313 driver for linux (tar.gz) does this one work for my mini_netbook (2) ?

Link?

if i find a working driver i can get rid of w7.

http://wiki.debian.org/wl is what I used on my HP laptop. I've actually had Debian 6 (Squeeze) installed on there for several months now and I *JUST* got wireless working
within the last few days, it was based on the above link that I got it working, it's
fairly straight-forward and your 4313 is listed (mine is a 4312).

One thing I do recommend, if you have a physical wifi switch, to toggle it after the new wl driver is loaded, that was the trick that got it working for me, once I did, it
turned blue and I immediately connected to my Router