Re: Set Up a server using Public IP Addresses on debian

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:14:31 +0200, Christian Simo wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Sorry to response let!

Please, keep the replies into the same thread, there is no need to open a
new thread for every post :-)

> I was busy with my ISP:
>
> please see below the NAT configuration for my Cisco Router done by my
> ISP:

(...)

Christian, having a computer connected to Internet 24 hours 365 days
which provides remote services it can be very risky (and not only for you
or your LAN but the whole of the Internet users) so I think you need
first to get some of the basics about networking and routing to
understand what is this all about and what do you need, at least for
making your first tests.

I dunno how can we help you if we don't know what is your network layout,
what routers/gateways/modems do you have configured at your site and what
tests are you doing right know.

So please, let's concetrate in one service (dns server or http server or
whatever you prefer) and now that your ISP has configured the routes to
point to your local server you can start with your setup. So choose one
service, configure it and put here any problems you have with that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón