Re: gnome sensors applet: which is which ?

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:34:37 +0100, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

> I'm using gnome sensors applet to keep an eye on computer temperature.
>
> The applet configuration lets me choose:
>
> - libsensors
>      \temp1
>      \temp1
>
> I also have udisk (for hard disk temperature).
>
> These 2 libsensors/temp1 produce different values (about 20 degrees
> Celsius appart form each other; p.ex: 74 and 95). Can anyone tell me
> which is which ? CPU ? Motherboard ?

Most probably the CPU, as Brian pointed out (there should be an icon
identifiying the item) but 74°C and 95°C -being Celsius- are a bit high
values for whatever they meassure (even for a laptop). From what source
(s) does "sensors-applet" gather the data? It may need some tweaking.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón