Re: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 17:52 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:41:19 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> +1  Moreover, it has a ball not a light.  I dread the day it dies!!
> >>
> > You *like* ball mice?
>
> Mine also have such "dinosaurian" piece of hardware ball... and I'll say
> more, it's manufactured from Microsoft (IntelliMouse 1.3A) O:-)

My PS/2 mouse has a ball too :) and I'm a dino myself. The ball is the
only thing I'm not missing for the new USB mouse, anything else is bad
for this elCheapo USB mouse, but at least at the supermarket the
cheapest mouse, was the most ergonomically.
I did open each packaging, excepted of blisters, to test the mice,
regarding to ergonomic.
Unfortunately without information about DPI and special effects.
It's still not really ergonomically and I don't wish to have a 'pocket
lamp mouse wheel' or loud button-click-noise. OTOH, the new mouse's
buttons have a better debouncing.

OT: I'm happy that still simple passive video cards are available. I
guess the major issue with computers is, that most people don't use the
computer as a tool, but as a toy. The more folderol a toy has, the
better, but for a tool folderol IMO is annoying.

-- Ralf