Re: No Display Manager + shutdown/reboot

On 06/07/11 at 10:32am, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 07 Jun 2011 at 01:46:49 -0400, Perry Thompson wrote:
>
> > 1) shutdown my computer by pressing the power button, and
>
> You might need xfce4-power-manager for this but I'm not sure.
>
> > 2) choose "Shut Down" or "Restart" after pressing ctrl+alt+del (I made a
> > custom keyboard shortcut to call xfce4-session-logout). Both "Shut Down"
> > and "Restart" are grayed out, but "Log Out" works fine.
>
> Install sudo. Use vigr to add yourself to the sudo group.

vigr aside, the sudo group does nothing by default. You don't need to be in it
unless you've uncommented the line in sudoers to allow members of that group to
do as they please. I don't recommend that use (v. little difference between
that and running as root).

--
Liam