Re: Search engines to replace or to add to Google [was: google to pull support for firefox 3,5]

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 12:04 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On 20110603_123948, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 09:38 +0200, Klaus Wolf wrote:
> > > Hallo together,
> > >
> > > it is not new that google or yahoo wants to see the whole world
> > > as a glasfish. So for surch the web I use metacrawler like the
> > > server of Uni Kassel www.metager.de .
> > >
> > > whish a nice day to all
> > >
> > > klaus
> >
> > Thank you Klaus :)
> >
> > and pardon that I captured the thread. This wasn't my intention.
> >
> > Starting a collection of search engines that might be trustful and will
>                                                         ^^^^^^^^
> Back in the '60s people used a somewhat crude expression for the
> weasel words used by corporate America and the military industrial
> complex: mind fuck (MF). The problem with the internet today, IMHO, is
> that it is becoming saturated with corporate MF. The use of the word
> 'trusted' in places where people wanted to be able to use 'trustworthy'
> is a particularly irksome example. 'Trustful' is new to me. I hope it
> is just an innocent mistake of a non-native user of English and not
> a deliberate obfuscation of the obfuscation, 'trusted'.
> <snip>

Since my English is broken, my capabilities regarding to rhetorical
obfuscation in English need some improvement :D. If I should translate
your mail half correct, than it seems to be an issue regarding to my
English.de, but don't trust these words ;).

The German word for "screen" is "Bild""schirm". Lousy translated word
for word it could be "picture umbrella" in English. I like idioms, but
translating those is very hard for me. And sometimes it isn't easy to
find even the simplest correct phrases in English.

Errare humanum est, sed in errore perseverare diabolicum

Cheers!

Ralf