Samba or NFS

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Dan <ganchya@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot for your answers, I will use NFS. Both computers and the
users are trusted. To improve the security I could set rules in the
iptables to allow NFS access only to my computers.

The problem is not that the users are trusted... the problem is if everybody in that lan is trusted. Anybody in your lan can spoof the trusted ip and get access to share AFAIK...

As said previously nfsv4 should be used with kerberos if you want to do it properly

Dan

greets!
aL