Re: Keeping stable stable.

On 6/1/2011 6:07 PM, R. Clayton wrote:
> I'm running squeeze on a system, and I'd like to keep the system on the stable
> release independent of what the release is called.  I changed all non-commented
> appearances of "squeeze" with "stable" in sources.list; do I need to do
> anything else?  Is this the right approach to take for a perpetually stable
> system?

Why make such a change now?  It will have no effect for the next ~2
years anyway.  You're much better off simply changing sources.list right
before your next distribution upgrade.  This is what Debian recommends,
oddly enough, and is what the vast majority of Debian Stable users do,
myself included.

--
Stan