Re: Number of systems running user Debian? ; gre

On Tue, 31 May 2011 01:01:05 -0700, giovanni_re wrote:

> What numeric info is available about the # of systems running Debian for
> users (desktop, laptop, notebook, not server)?
>
> Any breakdown by country?
>
> What #'s are there for # of daily apt-get update requests?
>
> Thanks :)

Good question.

Does Debian make online surveys to their users and computer usage? It
should be nice for having a better understanding about Debian's community
and their needs, goals, expectations, user involvement in projects, etc...

> http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux

I don't know where are those numbers coming from but it sounds realistic
to me. We all know that poll results can be misleading or biased but
sometimes they're better than nothing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón