Re: IndexError: list index out of range

On Fri, 27 May 2011 22:27:57 +0800, lina wrote:

(please, avoid top-posting, it makes replying very annoying :-) )

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> Hum... it is also reported in Debian BTS:
>>
>> runPmv crashes on start with index out of range for self.clipPlaneNames
>> [num] in .../DejaVu/Clip.py

> so it's a ATI driver issue.

So it seems.

Which is bad, because closed source drivers are not of the like of
developers/packages so you'll have to wait for a fix or try with the most
updated upstream driver ;-(

In the meantime, you can use the workaround.

> I tried on the desktop with Nivida driver (wheezy AMD64) it shows no
> problem but I gotta wait for 10 mins or more to start this program. it
> showed me lists of warnings at the end:
>
> P.S The long warning list:

(...)

You can also test the solution mentioned in the bug, it's a bit different
from the one provided in the forum thread, so this could work.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón