Re: [SOLVED] need help with clamav

On 05/26/2011 12:04 PM, Mark Grieveson wrote:
[snip]

Others here have argued that it's not necessary to worry about viruses
and stuff when using Linux, but I still like to do it to feel a bit
safer (admittedly, if I were to deactivate the root account and set up
some sort of sudo thingy, as seems more common now, I might be safer --

So, you log into your GUI as root?

but oh well).  It seems like the right thing to do good to actively try
not to spread viruses and malware (even if such malware doesn't affect
your own system.)  It's the act of a decent netizen, I feel.

No email-borne malware should ever be able to leave your email folder, so all you need to do is scan it once and then just incoming mail.

Any malware that makes it into your Linux /usr directory can't harm Windows users because of the fundamental differences between Linux & Windows.

corrupt."