Re: USR 5633 Robotics Modem in Debian

On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:04:14 -0700, Go Linux wrote:

> --- On Tue, 5/24/11, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> In this regard, old serial modems are much
>> better than
>> USB ones (no drivers needed) ;-(
>>

> Yes indeed. I have several USRobotics internal serial modems and no
> problem with Linux.  :)

How can a modem be both "serial" (rs-232) and "internal" (pci/embedded)?
I hope you didn't put the modem enclosure inside of your computer's
chasis :-P

Now seriously, USRobotics has some USB modems that are Linux compatible
and there are also a few ones that being PCI/embedded also work with
linux, but they're not the norm.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón