Re: Wicd Wireless Woes

On 05/24/2011 05:04 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 05/24/2011 11:33 AM, Bill wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm having problems connecting to my wireless access point using wicd.
Wicd seems to be running ok. I can connect and disconnect from my wired
network at will. Wicd also detects a variety of wireless networks in my
neighborhood, including my own, but won't connect. It claims there's a
bad password, but I've triple checked that. It's correct.

I'm including the relevant information from the wicd log below. I hope
someone can point me in the right direction. Wicd is complaining about
a variety of things, any of which could be the real cause of the
problem.

After a re-read of your OP, I have more questions, mainly how are you
starting wicd? I ask that because I have reviewed my squeeze logs where
I did have problems getting wide to associate, and find no reference to
wicd-cli in them.

I start wicd on a console with wicd-curses and in X with wicd-gtk. My
logs show no wicd-cli calls at all.

Hope this helps, some....

WT

My old eyes are seeing things.  Forget the wicd-cli  I read it wrong!!!
wpa-cli != wicd-cli.

Sorry for the noise
And for replying to you directly. Iceweasel just dropped the reply-to-list button and I didn't notice it until after I hit send. GRRRR