Re: Wicd Wireless Woes

On 05/24/2011 11:33 AM, Bill wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm having problems connecting to my wireless access point using wicd.
Wicd seems to be running ok. I can connect and disconnect from my wired
network at will. Wicd also detects a variety of wireless networks in my
neighborhood, including my own, but won't connect. It claims there's a
bad password, but I've triple checked that. It's correct.

I'm including the relevant information from the wicd log below. I hope
someone can point me in the right direction. Wicd is complaining about
a variety of things, any of which could be the real cause of the
problem.

tia,

<Snipped Log confirming wicd is not associating>

You didn't say if you are running stable, wheezy or Sid.  IIRC the wicd
package has different versions.

I have never had any luck using dhcpd on any of my dists. On stable I am using the dhcp3-client packages while on wheezy and sid I use the isc-dhcp-client.

Making sure that the wpa_supplicant.conf file and the /etc/wicd/wireless-settings.conf are correct.

I saw that because my wicd.log on this connection to the net looks like this. It is quite different than your log.