Re: How do fixes/improvements to video drivers get rolled out in Squeeze?

On Mon, 23 May 2011 22:56:30 -0700, Mark wrote:

> The Intel 855GM chipset performance has unfortunately taken a step or
> two backwards from Lenny to Squeeze based on my experience and what I've
> read in the bug reports and various forums.  Specifically, on-line video
> streaming becomes choppy after 3-4 minutes on the same websites that
> Lenny had no trouble with.  That being said, how does performance get
> improved within a given stable release?  Can I hope for an update to
> help improve it at some point within the life of Squeeze?

The stable branch (now Squeeze) once released is not targeted to get many
improvements but bug fixes so don't expect a bunch of updates to correct
non critical errors.

Anyway, you can take a look at the changelog to get a better idea of the
patches that have been already applied, if any:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-intel/xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.13.0-6/changelog

Greetings,

--
Camaleón