Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

Scott Ferguson wrote at 2011-05-23 08:28 -0500:
> Camaleón wrote:
> > And IMO, too useless/time consuming also. I want a phone not a game
> > console :-)
>
> A computer with hardware I can't access is a computer I don't want.

Right.  Someone gave me a blackberry with GPS hardware... great, but apps
can't use the GPS because of some stupid Verizon policy thing (although the
phone is no longer on Verizon).  So really some of these phones have issues
even without trying to use FOSS on them.

> When teh Smartphone is a portable computer with an *open GSM stack* I'll
> be interested. Until then it's a "dumbphone" with a low-end processor
> sharing the battery.

And the difference is "game console" versus actual *productivity*.  Oh, the
things I could do with a phone if I could run Debian on it...!