Re: System broken after kernel upgrade - explanation?

Wolodja Wentland wrote:
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 15:08 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
I can only suppose that some package which was also upgraded today
(there were various libraries) has affected both kernels. I would put in
a bug report but I have no idea where the problem could lie.

Any suggestions?

A list of the packages that were upgraded would help tremendously, but my gut
feeling says udev. There were a couple of RC bugs against udev 169 (check the
BTS) so it would be interesting to know which version you have installed.

Upgraded Sid to udev 170-1 and linux-image-2.6.39-1-amd64.
Runs fine
listbugs found no errors...

Hugo