Re: System broken after kernel upgrade - explanation?

On Sun, 22 May 2011 16:24:02 +0100
Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> On 22 May 2011, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> > On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 15:08 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > I can only suppose that some package which was also upgraded today
> > > (there were various libraries) has affected both kernels. I would put in
> > > a bug report but I have no idea where the problem could lie.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > A list of the packages that were upgraded would help tremendously, but my gut
> > feeling says udev. There were a couple of RC bugs against udev 169 (check the
> > BTS) so it would be interesting to know which version you have installed.

> I have udev_169.1.
>
> I've listed the packages installed in the last 3 days:
>

> consolekit
> sysvinit-utils
> rpm-common

//big snip//

  Same situation here - the problem arose after yesterdays
upgrades...which are:

[UPGRADE] libgudev-1.0-0 169-1 -> 170-1
[UPGRADE] libudev0 169-1 -> 170-1
[UPGRADE] net-tools 1.60-23 -> 1.60-24
[UPGRADE] udev 169-1 -> 170-1

Strange you have udev 169-1..mine was upgraded to 170-1 which
created the problem.

--
-- Frank --