Re: syncing on Debian Squeeze with pilot-link

> > /bin/mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1
> > /bin/chmod 0666 /dev/ttyUSB?
>
> And this is also not required anymore with udev which dinamically
> creates the links to the devices and sets its perms.

Thanks, you're right.  Previously when I used jpilot, the setting
under "preferences -- settings" was one of the more specific entries for
the port (IE, like /dev/ttyUSB1).  However, as I mentioned previously, I
had to manually set this up to work.  So, I tried the generic setting
of "usb:" and now it works.  So, as you said, it seems that udev just
sets it up automatically.

Mark